This weekend I'm planning to attend the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitter's Fair hosted by the guild there. Yes, I'm traveling to a foreign country to buy yarn. Don't laugh. You know you'd do it too given the opportunity. And like any good knitter, I've made my list and checked it twice so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it.
- blocking wires
- sock needles of various sizes, long enough for magic loop
- matching sock needle for my favorite Addi which I think is 2.5 mm
- patterns for Lace Leaf or Flower Basket shawl
- solid color sock yarn... this is really the main mission... must.buy.sock.yarn. Well, maybe not MUST, per se, but REALLY, REALLY WANT TO...
- any other sock yarn that I just can't live without
- and possibly, maybe, if it's a really great deal and I can't live without it, other yarn that floats my boat, but it better be absolutely amazing and next to free since I have enough stash to last me for ages and I have to save some purchases for the Knox Fiber Fest and Rhinebeck after all.
So, that's my list and I'm sticking to it... I hope.
And here's where you come in. Since sock yarn is really my main focus, particularly solid colors to try out some of the lace patterns out there, how many skeins of sock yarn will I buy?
The person who guesses closest will get sock yarn of their very own... most likely out of the stash that I import. (Here's to hoping border guards don't get all fussy about yarn... I really don't want to have to buy them off by giving up a skein of the good stuff or anything.) If the winner is not a sock knitter (I know, hard to believe but there are a few people out there who haven't come over to the dark side), she'll get... um... something... Canadian? Well, provided I can think of something Canadian. At the moment the only thing Canadian that I can think of wouldn't be so good to toss into an envelope. I can just imagine the joy my aunt would feel opening up a box to her very own warm bottle of Blue. (It's a beer, for all you non-close-to-Canada folks. It's a Buffalo thing. You walk into a bar, order wings and a Blue. I don't get it either.)
So... leave a comment before Saturday noon EST with your guess on how much damage I'll do. Here's to lots and lots and lots of warm toes!