25 July 2006

Can I Get a "Woot Woot?"

Dontcha just hate looking at someone’s blog and seeing them brag about their glorious children, adoring husbands and stunning sweaters that hug every curve (or lack of curve) on their perfect bodies? Yeah, don’t worry, I’m all about keepin’ it real. None of that kind of bragging going on here. I’ll spare you the pics, but you’ll just have to believe me that my life is more about dirty dishes in the sink, Saturday nights with books and knitting, and the curves on this body should definitely not be hugged by my so-so sweater knitting abilities. But… I do get to brag.

I won a tape measure keychain! And not just any ol’ tape measure keychain… an Amazing Lace tape measure with magical powers that will ensure I will get spot-on gauge. I think it may even be so powerful that it will actually bring out finished projects simply by having it in my notions bag. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

I know this probably sounds like I’m being facetious, but really, I think it’s pretty cool and I needed a little bright spot in Casa de Chaos.

All this for churning out a little sestina action...

Now to actually knit some lace so I can measure it!

*Big thanks go to Rachel and Theresa for all their work on this knitalong. I've enjoyed seeing all the posts (well, some of the posts... I'm only human (unlike you two) so I only get to keep up on a fraction of the updates). It's a big creative boost to get an assignment and have to try out something crazy. I like that there's no finish deadline or even pressure to keep working on the same thing. Just knit a little lace when you can, when it strikes your fancy... that's my kind of knitting!

No comments: