24 July 2006

The Addiction is Real

Socks, socks, socks... gotta knit socks...

Plain 'n Easy Socks

Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes, less than 1 skein
Needles: Addis Magic Loop style... need to look up the size again...
Pattern: Hodge podge
Date Started: February 2006 (Knitting Olympics training socks)
Date Finished: July 2006
Recipient: My greedy tootsies
Notes: I just CO 58 stitches, 1 inch of 1x1 ribbing, stockinette for awhile, standard slip stitch heel, then my usual toe. Have I been knitting socks long enough to have a usual toe? Well, it's the only one I've done so I guess it counts. I like it. No need to change when you find something you like and you just want to whip out a pair of socks. Nothing fancy, just easy socks for TV watching and chatting with friends. I still have to look at a few of my reference guides for the heel and gusset info, but most of this is just around and around and around... my kind of knitting...

I immediately cast on for my second Trekking sock after finishing these. The first one came in the middle of these as a sort of intermission and since I just couldn't wait to bust out my new yarn. I can now see why people swear they have to have socks on the needles. They're portable, easy for knitting while socializing or being mindless, and the yarn is just so much fun to collect. Not that I'll be collecting this kind of yarn any more, but it was in the stash. I do like the blues and purples and really, my tootsies aren't that high class. We can hang with the Lion Brand.

Well, to a degree. Tomorrow I'll post about another stash project that is turning me away from another of their fine, or not-so-fine, products. The pattern is great, the product is not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Socks Rock! Yarn.Kitty

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Socks are the best, I think that's why I have like 7 in progress right now.