29 November 2007

Pride


This is one I'm proud of.

Pattern: Kiri Shawl

Yarn: Custom-dyed silk from Jill at Looped Back


Needles: Sz. 3 Knitpicks

Recipient: Donna

Time: August - November, 2007




Notes: I feel like I've entered the grown-up world now. It's not the most challenging lace pattern ever, nor was my take on it original or all that creative, but this one feels good.

A colleague asked me to knit a shawl to complete her mother-of-the-bride ensemble and I was happy to oblige. Jill looked at the beaded top once and nailed the color perfectly. The beads I happen to run across at JoAnn's were exactly the color of the decorations. I was even able to finish it with time to spare. Sometimes things just work.

I wish I had the opportunity to take this one out for a real photoshoot outside during our beautiful fall but for now, indoor pics will have to do until I can get a copy of something from the wedding.


And just because I'm selfish, I've got to say that one of the best parts of this project is that I have enough leftover yarn to make a little somethin' somethin' for myself.

1 comment:

Redheadskydiver said...

It turned out beautiful! And I'm sure you co-worker was thrilled to have something so nice to wear to the wedding. Congrats for meeting the deadline!