21 November 2006

To Make or To Save


Last summer I found these great vintage curtains at a rummage sale and added them to the stash with the intention of someday turning them into something great. I'm not sure if the Amy Butler Betty Shopper bag will be great or not, but I'm excited to use goodies from the stash.




The marks in the selvage say that these were curtains "Inspired by Little Lady Toiletries." So far I haven't been able to find any info about these products, but I'm guessing it was either a doll or toy set or possibly even real bath products marketed for young girls.


To be honest, the faces on the little ladies are a bit more little tramp than anything so I'm guessing these goodies were meant to teach all the future tarts of the world how to go from bath to ballet with only seven applications of blue eye shadow. And let's not go into what that may say about me turning the curtains into a very large bag. I just promise that I won't fill it full of powders, pomades and perfumes.
Hope you are all having a great Thanksgiving with the little ladies in your life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric! It's so sweet. I suspect your suggestions of what the fabric is showing are correct. This would make an excellent needle case or yarn bag too, if mixed with some other neato retro fabric patterns!
Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Enjoy. :-)

Lone Knitter said...

Cute curtains! I just love vintage finds. Trammy girls making their toilet! Love it!

African Kelli said...

Can't wait to see it. I've had my eye on that pattern for a bit and haven't sprung for it yet. The fabric is great! And what a wonderful way to repurpose.