11 November 2006

Mmm

Well, so much for a post a day. I've had one of those slightly 'off' weeks where I've come home at night and felt like avoiding the computer. I suppose this is a good thing, as I've spent my time reading and actually knitting, but I do miss blogging.

Anyway, without further delay, some yarn p0rn for your viewing pleasure...


Mmmm... Noro... Kureyon for the Lizard Ridge pattern and various other projects. I'm really looking forward to starting the Child's Rainbow Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but my last afghan square was, um, difficult. And by difficult, I mean a 12 inch square of pure cursing like a pirate unhappy knitter... something I'll gab about in a later post which I may or may not include on the group knitalong, depending upon how many of those colorful words I choose to include. My question, oh blog readers, is how terribly, frustratingly, annoyingly itchy is this scarf going to be? Is this really a look-but-don't-touch kinda yarn?

Double Mmmmmm... Silk Garden for Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. Need I say more?
Methinks diet season is just around the corner. From yarn to fabric to chocolate chip cookies, I need to do a bit less intake and more making and sweating. If only crafty and sugary goodies weren't so darn tempting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....noro....

It should soften up when you wash it, mine needed a pretty aggressive washing--not enough to felt it though. Good luck :-)

Lone Knitter said...

Oh my god! That Noro collection is amazing. I wouldn't knit it. I would just stare at it and pretend I lived in a yarn store. I also feel as if diet season is around the corner. I'm starting to feel as if my stash is getting a little unhealthy! Boyfriend keeps asking, "When did you start getting so crazy about yarn?" How did I hide it so well for the past few years?