27 May 2006

Slow and Steady

So I got stuck in a snow drift, and spent the last week digging myself out...

No, I just spent way too many hours writing on this contraption of a machine and couldn't bear to type anything else, witty or otherwise. So, I'm back and hopefully I'll have some things to post as several projects are nearing completion. (I did play with my template a bit and put in links to my 2006 projects. Some of them actually work! Still working on the others... Oh, and I found a great template design that I want to use, but yeah, no luck there. Blogging is great when it works, but when it doesn't...)

Anyway, I've also been working on my Amazing Lace introduction and I may need to do some playing with PhotoShop at the office. Why can't I make these things simple? At least Lara has stopped smelling like a wet dog long enough for me to do some seaming. Not that my knitting tips are really helpful or anything, but lessons I've learned over the past few sweaters:

Use lots and lots of safety pins. And then add a few more pins just to be sure.

Keep Stitch and Bitch handy. I've got several guides to the knitting and this is the one I go back to for an easy reference on all the basics, like the difference between mattress stitch and joining the tops of knitting together in the fake grafting method.

What you can't see in this picture is a super dooper cup 'o joe that keeps me going. Oh, and the patience to only do a few inches before going onto something else. I'm slowly learning that I do better working, knitting, writing, and so on in small doses. Once my attention is wandering, best to pick up another project rather than dawdling over a task and getting sloppy. So I seam to the next safety pin and head back to the computer.

Anyway, have a good holiday weekend. Hope everyone's summer is off to a good start!

No comments: