10 October 2005

Taking Stock

So, since the chill is in the air and we’ve officially entered cold weather, it’s time to do some evaluation of my knitting/quilting plans. For those of you keeping track, this is my top ten list as it stands:

Wedding Present #1: Erica and Rob hitched, quilt gifted.
Wedding Present #2: Sara and Scott visited, quilt gifted.
The Pink Blob: abandoned. I haven’t frogged this one yet, but I think it’s coming. This was a trendy project of the moment that wasn’t taking minutes. It just wasn’t meant to be.
Shelby’s Hat: Keeper, to be worked on.
Irish Hiking Set: arm warmers finished, hat to finish at the next Thursday night with the girls as soon as I find my size 8 dpns… grrr, this is why I should never clean.
Ribbi Dibbi Cardi: Working on the sleeves now. Can’t wait to wear this one! Should start shopping for a 2-way zipper.
Vive le Bag: Must. Clean. Sewing. Machine. On hold… still.
Terrific Teal T: one more sleeve, one more sleeve…
Beaded Scarf: Meh, it’s sat this long, what’s a little longer? Just not feeling this one right now.
Design Your Own Diva: Went so far as to take it off the needle to finish #8. It’ll sit for awhile.

Now, from this list, I’ve got some top priorities: Terrific Teal; 2 hats; Ribbi Cardi. Not too bad, if I do say so myself, especially considering that since I started the list, I also threw in a hat for Kelly’s mom and the cheater scarf that just jumped on my needles. Nonetheless, I do solemnly swear that nothing will be started until these are finished. But what next, what next?

I’ve ordered yarn for either Kepler or Samus and I may just dive right in when that gets here. I’ve also got the fair isle purse class coming up very soon so I’ll need to make time so I can keep up with that once it starts. And then there’s Rogue… and mittens to match the herringbone scarf… and a big felted bag… and the Lara sweater… and the hoodie from Stitch ‘n Bitch… and…

And then there’s Christmas crafting to be done… ay yi yi.

Gosh, it’s a good thing I’m independently wealthy, already have 4 PhDs and have nothing to do all day but sit and be crafty… hardy har har.

No comments: