05 September 2005

More of the same

I remember taking a history exam wearing a red sock, a green sock and a blue sweatshirt, all topped off with my faded, dirty baseball cap.

Hadn't had more than mini-naps for days, was living off Totino's frozen pizzas and didn't even have time to go to Wal-Mart for new socks. Yeah, no way I was doing laundry. I could go from Thanksgiving to Christmas break, no problem.

The more things change... the more they stay the same.

Years later I'm running off little sleep, wearing strange outfits (sure this blue sweater is still clean... only visible stains are on the cuffs and who sees that...) and the same faded, even dirtier baseball cap. I've switched to pierogies instead of pizza, only because Wegmans doesn't carry my favorite cheap-o brand. And I now own enough socks to go for weeks, maybe even months, before I have to do the mis-match thing.

But damn, no matter how long I keep doing this, writing from 7 a.m. until midnight still sucks.

At this point, even doing laundry sounds like fun.

No comments: