09 September 2007

The Scarf That Just Won't Die


Scene: Local knitting guild meeting, first gathering after a summer off.

Enter Leslie, late as ever, rushing to get to her seat before the meeting starts, thankful that Hipster Knitter saved her a seat.

Hipster Knitter: So, I'm starting to plan my Christmas knitting for friends. I'm thinking scarves. So, um,... would you recommend... the pattern that you've been, um,... working on?

Leslie: You mean this one, the chevron scarf that I've been knitting on since MARCH?!?! Guess it depends if we're talking this Christmas or holiday season 2012.

Hipster Knitter: Well, yeah, I've noticed that you've been working on that scarf at lots of meetings.... [trying to save face and make a slow knitter feel better] But it's pretty.



Still chugging away on the scarf that's taking for freakin' ever. It's pretty, but wow am I ready for it to be finished.

* Breaking news edit: This post was started earlier in the weekend. Thankfully, a strong case of insomnia has since allowed me ample wee morning hours to finish this albatross. I'm hoping to block, model and post soon so it's really, really finished!

2 comments:

Redheadskydiver said...

I got to about 10 inches on my Chevron scarf and have stalled out on it myself. I so understand!

Lone Knitter said...

Wow! Your chevron scarf is beautiful. You know, I was thinking of blocking mine too, but was unsure if folks were blocking them. I think it needs blocking--at least mine does. Congrats on finishing!