21 January 2007

And Then the Coffee Pot Died…

One of those weeks… one of those weeks that hovered somewhere between blah and bad, never really tipping the scales in either direction, just hovering and being funky.

I really don’t have a darned thing to complain about really, but this week I got hit with several “hard” facts of life. Losing weight and getting into shape are hard. Writing a dissertation is hard. Keeping on top of bill paying and dish washing and email writing is hard. Trying to get to the office on time when your coffee pot dies is hard.

At least knitting isn’t hard, or at least the knitting I’m currently doing isn’t hard.

Nor was it hard to dig out my extra coffee pot and get back into the caffeine-happy world.

Writing, however, seems painfully hard at the moment so I’ve crept into my little hermit crab shell* and will return tomorrow, ready to face the world, hopefully with comments on all your blogs, pictures of my growing Clapotis and a baby sweater, and shoot, maybe even a good mood.

*I’ve never been one for astrology but I’ve got to say, sometimes it creeps me out when the profiles of Cancerians hits pretty close to home.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

Aw man! Well, I'm rooting for you. I hope tomorrow is much better.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post on luxury. I live near an affluent county and am forever frustrated by some of the attitudes there as to what is normal. Thankfully there is a river separating my city from theirs and I always rejoice when I drive back into "normal" territory. The author you quoted is absolutely right...your normal is normal until you come up against this sort of thing, and then you have to make a conscious effort to avoid it, or it can drive you crazy and make you do things that you wouldn't normally do out of "peer pressure." It amazes me how much advertising relies on that to get us to purchase things we never would otherwise.