02 August 2005

You know that scene in American Beauty where the kid is espousing on the beauty around us and filming the plastic bag? This morning he would've had a heart attack from the sublimity on the 290. A garbage truck, full of Wegmans and Target bags, lost its load and there we all were, driving through the sparkling, shining bags floating in the morning breeze. It was like being in a snow globe of consumerism. And all I could do was giggle on the way to work with my own piece of the action stuck to the front of my car. Me, my morning commute and a Wegmans bag blowing in the breeze... it's the little things, right?

If a garbage truck is going to spew, better to have plastic sacks than a whole lot of other things stuck to the front of your car.

And in the spirit of finding beauty in the stuff emitted by your friendly neighborhood garbage truck, I deleted yesterday's post. If any of you read it, please also throw it in your mental garbage truck and forget it. No need to spew out any bad mojo on the internet. Or as the queen Beyonce says, "You know I'm not gonna diss you on theinternet ('Cause my mama taught me better than that)."

Hoping all your garbage is pretty as it floats through the air...

No comments: